""Confidence is the only key. I know a lot of people who aren’t traditionally ‘beautiful’ — not symmetrical or perfect-bodied or perfect-skinned. But none of that matters because all that shines through is their confidence, humor, and comfort with themselves. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself." -Emma Stone"
Friday April 12, 2013
10 funny relationship quotes to read that will make you smile if you are having a rough day with your significant other.
Great start to get my wedding creativity flowing. :)
SmartPhone Vs. SmartWoman
Finding a parking spot in DC is challenging, so you would imagine my joy when I happen to get a front row spot right in front of the restaurant, during a Nat’s Game. *victory dance*
It took abbbbout 18 try’s to parallel the batmobile. Once life was good again, I hear a round of applause and I’m handed a shot of patron for my parking accomplishments. That might have been the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for me (In hindsight I probably shouldn’t take drinks from a stranger) but I remain grateful for it. It’s funny how small gestures like that go a long way.
Saw this single’s Ad and I love the creativity… (I would’ve responded if I was in the market.)
Typically, I have lunch with my SmartPhone and have been considering the pros and cons of a “SmartWoman” vs. a “SmartPhone”. Some initial thoughts:
- Smartphones have a 2-year contact and pricey exit fees and women have a lifetime contract and a 50/50 exit fee
- They each have buttons to press
- They each have different styles and looks that can change
- Both can be informative and interactive
- Both require some power source
- Both older models are reliable familiar and reliable but newer ones are faster…
Of course a real side-by-side comparison would help answer these questions.
But what’s worse… This or being anti social?
Some rules I try to live by:
From the wise words of Bobby Flay… “Don’t be a hero, use a non-stick pan.”
(I did not write these)
some rules i try to live by:
1. don’t panic. don’t take anything, not even these words (and especially not yourself), too seriously.
2. never stop thinking.. if someone ever says to you ‘you need to stop thinking so much’ just ignore them and keep thinking deeper… your mind is the most important tool you have, if you stop using it, it will atrophy. FACT.
3. daydream as much as possible, even if it’s only for a few seconds at a time. stare into space blankly and don’t ever punish yourself for doing it. there’s no such thing as wasting time.
4. don’t be afraid to talk about anything. ask questions, and demand answers.
5. everyone is original. every life experience is case sensitive and unique. every thing you do makes you more YOU than anyone else has ever been.
6. stop rushing. take your time and enjoy every moment.
7. don’t let anyone tell you what to believe. discover ‘religion’ for yourself.. it should never be taught, only found.
8. talking to yourself is healthy. who else do you have more in common with?
9. we will always be in a transitional phase. look around you and know that everything will be replaced at some point.. this existence is only temporary.
10. if someone else has already said it better, don’t be afraid to quote them.
11. there is no such thing as time. there is only your life- earlier today you were born and death is predicted later in the evening.
12. every now and then take something that you see everyday and try to see it in a different light. renew its existence.
13. be happy… but don’t force it. that defeats the purpose. discover what is making you unhappy, and change it.
14. you will always succeed in trying.
15. we are all crazy. every person you read about in the history books, already know, or will maybe meet on the street, has or had some kind of ‘disorder’…you just have to learn how to use yours.
16. we are all about as similar as we are different.
17. ideas are just as valuable as people. why do you think we keep making people? we hope new people will have new ideas to share- so don’t let everyone down by keeping yours to yourself.
18. words will always be just words. only the feelings are real
19. ask a child for advice, and never speak down to them. they may not know much, but they know what is important.
20. Prove to the world you’re alive.
""You see? Never be late for a plane with a girl. ‘Cuz a girl runs like a girl— with the little steps and the arms flailing out… You wanna make this plane, you’ve gotta run like a man! Get your knees up!" -Seinfield"